CampOUT: Foraging Hike 101
Join local Queer folk of all ages for a family friendly afternoon learning about nature, edible berries, plants, etc. , and helpful herbs!
Our day will consist of:
- 11am: Arrive at the Pilot Mountain visitor center/ Park Ranger introduction/hiking facts/safety/tips
- 11:30 am: Hike the Jomeokee trail- learn about foraging throughout the hike!
- 12:30 pm: Light lunch provided by Guilford Green (nutbutter and jelly sandwiches)
- 1:15 pm – 2 pm: Q&A session, debrief and mindfulness moment
We will be hiking the Jomeokee Trail at Pilot Mountain:
- It is .80 miles
- It is a moderate level trail
- More info HERE
Camp OUT is dedicated to creating inclusive outdoor experiences for the LGBTQ community to connect with each other and nature. Events are open to everyone that wants to explore the outdoors, even if you’ve never hiked, biked, kayaked or camped.
This event has a suggested $10 donation fee, but anyone can participate regardless of ability to pay. Donations will be used to offset the cost of equipment rentals and fees.
Thank you to Greensboro REI Co-op for sponsoring this event!