Guilford Green Foundation has joined #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. We work to unite our community through programming and philanthropy that advances equality and inclusion for LGBTQ communities, and by fostering organizations that advance LGBTQ persons and issues. We can’t do it without you!
Recent Projects You Have Supported:
- Guilford County Schools’ Safe and Inclusive Schools Project
- LGBTQ youth summer camps
- Youth crisis management initiatives
- Mental health initiatives
- Multi-media queer youth projects.
For the Transgender Community:
- Voice feminization and communication interventions for those transitioning from male to female
- Improved access to hormone therapy
- NC Trans Pride festival, to celebrate the diversity of the trans and gender non-conforming community
- The building of a gender-neutral bathroom.
For the Aging Community:
The most recent way we are working for the aging population is by partnering with Hospice to offer LGBTQ-focused workshops on advance care issues, including end-of-life care wishes and how to complete advance care directive documents (such as living wills and a health care power of attorney).
There are multiple ways to give!
- Monetary donations
- AmazonSmile — when you shop from Amazon.com using our AmazonSmile link, GGF will receive a percentage of your purchase price.
#GivingTuesday is a global giving movement that has been built by individuals, families, organizations, businesses and communities in all 50 states and in countries around the world. This year, #GivingTuesday falls on November 28. #GivingTuesday harnesses the collective power of a unique blend of partners to transform how people think about, talk about, and participate in the giving season. It inspires people to take collective action to improve their communities, give back in better, smarter ways to the charities and causes they believe in, and help create a better world. #GivingTuesday demonstrates how every act of generosity counts, and that they mean even more when we give together.